Monday, December 01, 2008

oh, forget me not.

Ive decided Im not some fantastic, poetic person.
I dont have a brilliant personality, the kind songs and poems showcase.
I dont say anything witty, like "The present's just a pleasant interruption to the past", because Im afraid of the future.
I approach life in my own way, but Im nothing brilliantly unique.
And at the same time, I am terribly individual, and different.
And Im okay with that.

Its the small things I love.
On Mother's Day, I went down to visit my aunt and uncle. Childless. They're still young.
He had bought her a box of truffles for Mother's Day.
I jokingly asked why, for they don't have any children.
And he replied "She's a mother to our cats," with a smile.
Small things are the best.
The things you don't even notice right away, and its not until you're bored, writing a letter to an acquaintance at best, and your mind is wondering, that you realize that there was someone behind that lovely coincidence, and they did it out of love.
The little, tiny, minuscule things that seem to stick with you the longest.

I hate the fruitless way in which I do things.
I just spent a good 45 minutes on my appearance.
Trying to look perfect for someone who wouldn't notice if I came to school missing an arm.
As I do my eyeshadow, I try to think that I dont give him enough credit, but then my mind shouts back, "Of course you do!", and Im left at a standstill.

We often have the conversation about how a girl will want someone similar to her father or brother in the end.
The personality of that family member is one we admire, so its only natural.
My dad automatically notices when my stepmum or I do anything special.
When he comes down to take me to school, he will say "You look nice today, Sauce."
To which I will offer my smile, and, after this, thank him for noticing. I dont thank him enough in general.
So is it so awful for me to want someone to notice the things I do?

Im off to fufill all my responsibilities as a teenager;
mainly school, but I have to put away some dishes as well.

But I leave in a weird state of mind, as should be apparent.
Im not really sure what it is I want right now.
And Im hoping I'll figure it out.

No comments: