Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas!

Listening To : I Don't Want To Be In Love -- Good Charlotte [for old times sake.]
Activity[s] :
Playing online. ;D

First off.
MERRY CHRISTMAS.


I hope you have all had a day that is FULL of win.
Mine sure was.

To start out my Christmas post.
I was reading the version of The Night Before Christmas that I got for the kids last year.
Its full of extra things -- recipes, crafts, stories, history...
And this is the story of Christmas Stockings.

The tradition was first introduced by Dutch settlers.
The Dutch believed in Sinter Klaas, who rode around on Christmas Eve on a white horse, leaving little gifts in the wooden shoes of any children who left hay for the donkey Mary rode [i think.]
So the English adapted it, of course.

Cool, no?

Anyway.
Time for PRESENTS.

I have recieved :

-
A stocking :D
x. Candy
x. Saline solution [rofl.]
x. Sticky notes
x. Candles!
x. Lipgloss
x. Other stuff...
- $25 Sephora gift card [Kerri]
- $75 Amazon gift certificate [Dad]
- $25 [Grandma Pat]
- A sparkly pink bead [Leia]
- 84 gel pens [Dad]
- Burts Bees stuff [Grandma Pat]
- A Zune! [everyone.]
- An air plant [Grandma Judy]
- A worry stone [Grandma Judy]
- A spa kit.. thing [Grandma Judy!]
- Penguin earrings [even though I dont have pierced ears] [Aunt Sara]
- Penguin gummies [Aunt Sara]

I gave :

Dad :
4 CD's [that he picked out himself. xD]
Kerri : I dont really know, actually. o.o
Colin : A cookbook! :D
Leia : The Tale of Peter Rabbit, a snap-bead kit, and a pink friendship bracelet.
Everyone : Old fashioned toffee, with a hammer to break it and everything.
Grandma : Petite Fours and Raspberry Flower Honey.
Mom : Chocolate covered cherries. Really, really high quality ones.
Perry : A Star Trek playstation game! CAUSE I ROCK.
Libby : Cosmic Brownies [lol shut up, they have coloured candy on top.]
Wishiah : High-class sticky notes! :D
Emma : A $15 iTunes card. xD

Giving things is seriously my favourite part.
I even wrote out cards. :D

A really, really nice one for my Dad and Kerri, one for my grandma [it was FOR a grandma! xD], one for my mom and Perry, and one for my Grandma Judy and Happy Steve [her husband. <3]. style="font-weight: bold;">

No comments: