Thursday, June 04, 2009

pretty thoughts and tattered shreds.

My heart is is just a pretty sculpture, made of nice ideas and bits of others' I've left in my wake.
Anything that was ever mine was obliterated long ago, without a single piece left to gather up.
And to love with this hollow, porcelain heart is a decadent, fragile thing.
Because the slightest mishandling can leave it permanently fractured.

Reciprocation is everything.
Without it, love is nothing.
Without it, words may as well be falling upon deaf ears, gestures upon blind eyes.
Without it, my thoughts mean as much as a broken wing.
They may be there, but they're not going to get anyone very far.
Because it just won't matter.

The spiteful part of me wants to say everything Ive been keeping locked in that porcelain heart.
The hell I put myself through, to even allow myself to love.
The guilt Ive had to endure. The awkward moments of a lingering depression. The inability to speak.
To paint the picture of the deathmatch against my mind, my rational thought.
To throw that black paint at the canvas, to try, somehow, to share the pain.
And yet, even in the face of being dragged down into guilt and remorse.
I cannot bring myself to deliver that blow.
I cannot bring myself to be spiteful.
I cannot even let a foreign tongue cast a negative light upon that dragging hand.
Even though my porcelain heart has been turned to dust, I cannot let go.
I never can.

Sometimes, I don't think I'll ever be okay.
The damage left by one cannot be repaired by another.
And the damage done by another will only add to the damage done by the first.
And so the cycle goes.
And the damage worsens.
And this pretty porcelain heart is remade.
New ideals are added into the mixture, and new shreds of hearts are used as a mold.
But the integrity only weakens.

Someday, I'll reach the end.
And the damage will be impossible to overlook.
And the neverending task of rebuilding this heart will cease.
And I'll find a hollow peace.
Forever lacking the one thing I crave more than anything.
Something to fill that hollow heart of mine.
Thoughtfulness.
Respect.
Caring.
Love.
You.

No comments: