Saturday, June 06, 2009

are you doing okay?

Listening To : Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
Activity[s] : Writing.

I am suddenly an incredibly large fan of the idea of performance reviews.
The mandatory responsibility to explain to a person what they are doing wrong before you can fire them.
So they have a chance to fix it.
So they can at least see it coming.
Because if they know they're doing something wrong, and they care about their job..
They'll try to fix it.
They'll do whatever they can to fix it.
Instead of one day, finding themselves without that job they love, and they think they're succeeding at.
Because it simply isn't fair to just expect someone to know what they're doing wrong.
It isn't fair to just say "You've been doing this wrong for x months, sorry, we're gonna have to let you go."


Tears And Rain
James Blunt

How I wish I could surrender my soul;

Shed the clothes that become my skin;
See the liar that burns within my needing.
How I wish I'd chosen darkness from cold.
How I wish I had screamed out loud,
Instead I've found no meaning.

I guess it's time I run far, far away; find comfort in pain,
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble.
Hides my true shape, like Dorian Gray.
I've heard what they say, but I'm not here for trouble.
It's more than just words: it's just tears and rain.

How I wish I could walk through the doors of my mind;
Hold memory close at hand,
Help me understand the years.
How I wish I could choose between Heaven and Hell.
How I wish I would save my soul.
I'm so cold from fear.

I guess it's time I run far, far away; find comfort in pain,
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble.
Hides my true shape, like Dorian Gray.
I've heard what they say, but I'm not here for trouble.
Far, far away; find comfort in pain.
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble.
It's more than just words: it's just tears and rain.

Tears and Rain.

Tears and Rain.

Far, far away; find comfort in pain,
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble.
It's more than just words: it's just tears and rain.


"I think what hurts the most is that you'll have no regret, and you won't miss me a bit."
"What does this mean to you. Last night I went for a walk.. I was not really paying attention to where I was going, then I looked up, and I was on your front porch."

To be honest?
I dont know what that means to me.
He never further explained it..
Just left it at that.
What could that mean, anyway? Dude.
He's just in the habit? He subconsciously missed me somehow? He had something to say? He's merely trying to make me feel worse? Better? Guilty? What..?
I don't like vague, oblique statements like that. I don't like to have to wonder.
Because then all I can DO is wonder, and slowly drive myself absolutely insane.

He says I still have him. He says Im his best friend.
I feel like a pretty shitty best friend.
And. I don't want him as a best friend. I dont want to be "like Wishiah".
I want to be like Alyssa.

Which is why I say I don't think he'll regret it, or miss me.
As far as he's concerned, Im still close to him, and he's a hell of a lot happier.
So what is there to regret?
Nothing.
Because, you know. I'll get over it! I'll be totally fine with it, definitely.
And everything will be just peachy.

2 comments:

Kirrus said...

Performance reviews are great, and useful.. until you get fired anyway. Or "Made redundant" because the business isn't making enough money :(

Find somewhere where they will give you performance reviews. Where the bosses like you, and want you to do well. That's a good workplace :)


I used to say it is better not to love, anyone, ever, than to be hurt. Now, I realise that we must love, without it we are incomplete, a shadow of what we could be.

alyssa. said...

You might get fired anyway, but at least they gave you an almost-chance to improve.