Tuesday, October 14, 2008

its a miracle you're walking around.

Countdown
Jupiter One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2ZXyMYzYM

And so it begins...

countdown, can you think of a reason why
you so love it downtown?
I met you in the middle of the scandalous town.
It's a miracle you're walking around.
Countdown in a dark town, and so it begins...

It started with a minute of your favorite sound.
A sexy little secret of a radio song
I wish it wasn't floating around.
Countdown to a tight sound, and so it begins...

Can you think of a reason why it's your favorite town
it caught you with your finger on a video girl
America is watching you now
Countdown to a night gown

Hey now, wake up!
It's a beautiful day
Hey now, look up!
You're always turning away.
Are you falling asleep.
Hey now, wake up!
Are you looking away?
Hey now, look up!
Are you watching?
It's a brand new day and you shouldn't be fading away.

And so it begins..
Countdown, it's the time of the season
when you're a man around town.
Imagination taking you where no one else can.
Floating on sins that surround.
Countdown in a dark town, and so it begins..

Hey now, wake up!
It's a beautiful day
Hey now, look up!
You're always turning away.
Are you falling asleep.
Hey now, wake up!
Are you looking away?
Hey now, look up!
Are you watching?
It's a brand new day and you shouldn't be fading away.

And so it begins...
countdown, can you think of a reason why
you so love it downtown?
I met you in the middle of the scandalous town.
It's a miracle you're walking around.
Countdown in a dark town, and so it begins...

It started with a minute of your favorite sound.
A sexy little secret of a radio song
I wish it wasn't floating around.
Countdown to a tight sound, and so it begins...

Are you falling asleep.
Hey now, wake up!
Are you looking away?
Hey now, look up!
Are you watching?
It's a brand new day and you shouldn't be fading away.

And so it begins..


And so it begins indeed.
Welcome to Penguinis, where Alyssa has no qualms about starting out blog posts with lyrics.
Also, welcome to October 14th, where it is a Tuesday this fine year.
Welcome to your imagination.

Alright done with that.
I must say, Ive been /really/ loving music lately.
Like really.
New music, too. Not just stuff I know.
The Bomb - Neuroticfish
The Battle - Colony 5
Organism - Regenerater
To give you some of the more hardcore, dark - industrial - techno - type songs.

So.
I have a new mission in life.
Mind you, it is just another additional thing I want to do.
Its not like, all of the sudden some random thing that Im taking up in place of architecture for a career.
"Shut the hell up, and just tell us!"
Yes, oh readers in my mind.
I want to become a contortionist. Yeah. I went there.

Okay but really.
Give me a second to explain.

1 - It looks really fucking cool.
2 - I learned that you dont have to be born double jointed to be a contortionist. In fact, its impossible to have a double jointed spine. It is merely practice and devotion.
3 - A more flexible spine improves your quality of life, and keeps you healthier further into your old age.
4 - It has been proven that contortionists live longer than people in other professions.
5 - In theory, it is the cheapest form of exercise -- you need nothing but your body.

I mentioned it in Italian today, and I think Suzie [italian teacher, in case you forgot] thinks Im freaking crazy.
Her first comment was "I think youre at the wrong school..."
As if I was going to give up my academics to be a circus performer -- yeah right.
And then her second point was you can really hurt yourself. But only if youre not careful. As if I wouldnt be careful?
I dont know as if I want to cripple myself, Im not about to rush into something.
Im not stupid.
So that was kind of deflating, because she wasn't supportive at all. Not that I need her to be, but it was just kind of startling.

But dude.
Even in just the two days Ive been regularly stretching out my muscles, and working on breathing super deeply, using my whole lungs, I feel amazing. o.o
I was only hungry for healthy food today.
So thats pretty awesome. ;D

Anyway.
PSATs are tomorrow, so Im off to look over some vocabulary.
And stretch. ;D

No comments: