Monday, August 23, 2010

Damn Europeans.

Listening To : Undisclosed Desires - Muse (kinda a weird song, to be honest.)

Two things.

Today, I called this awesome tile company at my internship. This was the conversation.


"Joe speaking."
"Hi! Could you please transfer me to whoever handles distributing product binders?"
"Well. I guess that's me, isn't it. What can I do for ya?"
"I am Alyssa, with __________, and we have an old ___________ Architectual Manual binder, and I was simply requesting an updated copy?"
"Oh! The binders! Well lets see. I don't know if I have anything new to give you. But you could take out ________, we don't work with them anymore."
"Alright..."
"They were just too unreliable! Damn Europeans, you just can't count on them, and it's not like we could just go over there and shake them around a bit!"
"Well no, they're way too far away!"
"EXACTLY. -laughs- And definitely not in the middle of a job -- I can't just announce to a client I'll be gone for a week-long European-ass-kicking trip."

"-laughs- That would seem highly unprofessional."
"Yes. Well, thank you for the call!"
"Thank you! Have a nice day."


So there ya go. That's what I spend my day doing.
That, and without fail misunderstanding "Where are you from?" questions.
When they want the city, I give them the name of the firm. When they want the firm, I give them the city (the second is more common...).
I call myself the librarian, and feel very official.


Second thing.
I'm thinking of getting a chinchilla.
Which is kind of stupid, because I am leaving for college in a year, but whatever. I could figure something out, and then maybe bring it to the East Coast at some point...?
I have no idea, really. But whatever. Chinchillas are adorable, thank you very much. ♥




Meanwhile back at the ranch...
I'm like, having all these second thoughts about going into architecture, because it's all complicated and stuff. And a lot of work. And a lot of time. BUT WHATEVER.
I'm just lazy, and don't want to apply to college. It's going to take for freaking ever, and I'm not too excited about that. Especially since I am like, 10 pieces behind on my stupid portfolio. STUPID PORTFOLIO. 
I wish I was in an art class or something, so my artistic ventures didn't depend completely upon my determination to draw a bunch of random crap for (pretty much) NO reason.


Life is good.


But really, it is. 
I'm just sick of summer.
I WANT TO BE IN SCHOOL.
Shoot me, but it's true.

2 comments:

EmJay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EmJay said...

Ahaha. Damn Europeans! :D
You talk to the most amazing people!

[and don't give up becoming an architecture...you're going to be building my dream house someday and I want you to know what you're doing.]